Your basket is currently empty!
Sex, Gender, and Gender Identity
Beyond penises and vaginas, gender and where to start
In this course we will explore the role that gender plays in our society, day-to-day lives, and the formation of our identities as men, women, and non-binary folk. We will define gender incongruence, dysphoria, euphoria and other concepts associated with gender-diverse communities. We will unveil the steps taken by trans folk in order to socially and medically transition, and to make this learning more tangible, we will share two common case scenarios that appear when working psychotherapeutically with trans and non-binary people.
All our courses are informed by scientific research, the experiences of our clients, as well as our own. We vouch for working from a place of compassion and reflection, and throughout you will be encouraged to challenge your own preconceptions and ideas around gender, sexuality, and diversity.
- To discern between sex and gender
- To learn the foundational concepts around gender diversity
- To familiarise yourself with the steps trans and non-binary people take when socially and medically transitioning
- To increase your confidence when working with trans and non-binary people, better understanding the meaning of their diversity and the challenges they face as a minority group
Who the course aimed at
- This course is aimed at supporting all healthcare professionals to acquire a baseline knowledge on gender and gender diversity.
- There will be a special focus on psychological processes and so, this course could be particularly helpful for mental health professionals (such as: psychologist, psychiatrists, counsellors, psychotherapists, social workers, family therapists, mental health nurses, and others)
- All our courses are delivered using accessible language, and so even though you might not be our target audience, should you be interested in learning more about gender diversity, we welcome you to join.